PVC Resin price in India today
According to Plastics India, the current price of PVC resin in India ranges from Rs. 150 to Rs. 155 per kilogram, depending on the grade and quantity purchased. The K value of 67 is the most commonly used grade of PVC resin in India, and it is also the grade with the lowest price. Other grades of PVC resin, such as those with higher K values or special additives, may cost more.
Factors affecting PVC Resin price
The price of PVC resin is affected by a number of factors, including:
- Supply and demand: The PVC resin is largely determined by the balance of supply and demand. If supply exceeds demand, prices will tend to fall. Conversely, if demand exceeds supply, prices will tend to rise.
- Crude oil prices: PVC resin is made from crude oil, so the price of crude oil has a significant impact on the prices of PVC resin. When crude oil prices rise, the prices of PVC resin tend to rise as well.
- Government policies: Government policies, such as import tariffs and export subsidies, can also affect the prices of PVC resin.
- Exchange rate: The Indian rupee has depreciated against the US dollar recently. This has made imported PVC resin more expensive, which has put upward pressure on the prices of PVC resin in India.
Trends in PVC Resin price
The prices of PVC resin have been on a downward trend in recent months. This is due to a number of factors, including the global economic slowdown, the falling price of crude oil, and the increasing availability of PVC resin from new production facilities. However, the recent depreciation of the Indian rupee has put some upward pressure on the prices of PVC resin in India.
Outlook for PVC Resin price
The outlook for PVC resin prices is mixed. On the one hand, the global economic slowdown and the falling price of crude oil are likely to continue to put downward pressure on prices. On the other hand, the increasing demand for PVC resin in emerging markets, such as India, is likely to provide some support for prices. Additionally, the recent depreciation of the Indian rupee could put further upward pressure on the prices of PVC resin in India.
How to get the best price on PVC resin
There are a few things you can do to get the best prices on PVC resin:
- Shop around: Compare prices from different suppliers before you buy.
- Buy in bulk: You can often get a better price if you buy in bulk.
- Negotiate with suppliers: If you are a large customer, you may be able to negotiate a lower price with your suppliers.
- Consider buying imported PVC resin: Imported PVC resin can sometimes be cheaper than domestically produced PVC resin, especially if the Indian rupee is strong against the US dollar.
The PVC resin in India is currently Rs. 150 to Rs. 155 per kilogram for the K value of 67 grade. A variety of factors, such as supply and demand, crude oil prices, government policies, and the exchange rate, influence the prices of PVC resin. The global economic slowdown exerts downward pressure on the outlook for PVC resin prices. However, the increasing demand for PVC resin in emerging markets and the recent depreciation of the Indian rupee counterbalance the falling prices of crude oil, creating upward pressure.
If you want to buy PVC resin, it is important to shop around and compare prices from different suppliers. You may also get a better price if you buy in bulk or negotiate with suppliers. If the Indian rupee is strong against the US dollar, you may also consider buying imported PVC resin.